Hero small image
Hero small image

Lose your spouse in a fatal car accident?

You were going about your day. Nothing seemed unusual about it — just another day. Then you get the call that no one wants to receive — your spouse was the victim of a fatal car accident. If negligence on the part of the other driver contributed to the event, according to the laws of New York, you may have legal recourse.

The sad reality of life is that it can be over in a minute. No one knows when that minute will come. When it does, and it is due to the negligent actions of another person, surviving family members can be left forever scarred. While nothing can bring back a life taken far too soon, it may be possible to seek some level of relief, which can help you during your grieving process.

After a fatal car accident, it may be possible for the victim’s family members to pursue a wrongful death claim in civil court against the person or persons deemed responsible for the loss of life. This must be done within a specific time frame, or you may lose your opportunity to seek relief. The type of damages that may be available to you will all depend on the details of the event and the effects on you and your family.

If you are not sure if a wrongful death claim is appropriate for your situation, it is okay to ask questions. An attorney with experience handling wrongful death cases in New York will be able to review the details of the fatal car accident and give you a rundown of your options. To learn more about this topic and how an attorney may be able to help you with your case, please take a moment and visit our firm’s website.

Share this page

Call us on: +1 (877) 4-TOPLAW (867529)

We will give you an honest assessment of your case and explain your legal options

Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome

Attorney advertising. Every case is different. Prior results are not a guarantee of future outcomes.